Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My sweet hubby

I have the sweetest husband ever! He came up with this great idea the other day to have a date night at home once a week. He said we could put the kids to bed at 8, which is no problem because now that it's summer they are staying up late most nights, so for them to go to bed early one night a week is no biggie, they are plenty tired. Also, he thought we could take turns planning them. Isn't that so cute? We don't get to go out on dates that often so this is a great alternative. I am going to try to be creative with my date nights, but if anyone has any ideas for me, please share. For our first date night, he made me go in my room and then when he was done setting it up, I had to come out with my eyes closed and this is what he had laid out:

3 comments:

sacha said...

Aww! So sweet!!

Amy said...

that is really sweet! you could do board games and make up fun things for whoever wins ... you could do spa night where you take turn doing massages on each other and foot rubs and long baths ... you could have a fun night of cooking - like you tell him to make 2 items and you make 2 items but you can't tell what each other is making - it could be ANYTHING random - an dthen see what it is when you are done - it will be funny. i'll keep thinking ...

Anonymous said...

very sweet! good idea!
i think sitting on the patio having a couple of drinks and talking is fun! and then DOING IT. hahahaha