Sunday, March 15, 2009

Any suggestion's?

UPDATE
Just want to add that my bottom line is this is NOT normal! I have never heard a kid cough and gasp for air like this, it is horrible! But I am taking them to the dr at 11:30, and we are seeing someone else this time so maybe they will have a new perspective!

I am desperate for any suggestion's whatsoever concerning my girls! I am sure most of you remember a couple of months ago when they got bronchitis and they missed 5 days of school and I had to take them to the dr. 3 times and nothing really worked! Well, it is starting all over!! They don't have fever, runny nose or anything, EXCEPT a cough that is HORRIBLE because they make this gasping sound mixed in with there cough, like they are gasping for air, there eyes start to tear up, and sometimes they even throw up mucus because it is SO bad. Here is my dilemma: I took them to the dr 3 times last time, and it didn't even help. We tried breathing treatments, cough medicine, steroids, and even antibiotics. It didn't help but finally went away on its own about 3 1/2-4 weeks. (it was forever, really) So on one hand it sounds so horrible I think I should take them to the dr, but on the other hand nothing the dr. did really seemed to help. (and there is also the fact that it is 90 dollars each to take them and it doesn't really help us by going towards our deductible since we only have insurance for 45 more days!) So I just don't know what to do? Should I let it go and just not worry so much and let it run its course? It is just so hard to hear, and I feel so so bad for them! The last time he mentioned something about if they kept doing this they could be asthmatic.??!! What? So if anyone has any advice or knows anyone that would have any advice let me know? If you think I am overreacting, I would probably say, come hear them cough and if you still think that I am, then Ok, I will just let it go and try not to worry so much about it! I know that when you are the mommy we can get emotional about things instead of just relaxing a little more. Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Oh gosh...I'm so sorry. I don't blame you one bit for asking questions and wondering constantly about it. That's your job! I wish I had a suggestion for you, but hoping other moms will see this & post their thoughts.
Let us know when they get better!

Jennifer said...

Took them to the dr. but the dr. is very puzzled by it and says they seem to be in "respiratory distress" and he doesn't know why, we are trying some new meds, breathing treatments again, allergy medicine and antibiotics (whoa) and if its not better by thursday i gotta take them back in! They will then be referred to a pulmonary Dr. So basically we still have no answers as to why what appears to be just a cold is causing them to struggle with breathing!

Anonymous said...

My brother did stuff like that until we took him to a pulmonologist! I don't know how he helped him, but I've heard them gasping & I agree it's nothing to mess around with!!!!!