Friday, February 15, 2008

Potty training is finally over!



I have been potty training Joey the last few months and I am so excited to finally say he is COMPLETELY potty trained. I just wanted to share this cute story about what he said the other day, but first let me just say that we have had somewhat of a hard time getting him to go in the potty. Unfourtanely our main problem has not been with #1 but #2. Ewwwww, I have thrown away many, many pairs of underwear! :) SO we tried everything, we tried rewards, we tried discipline, we took away his trains, everything, and I would tell him over and over, "You have to be a big boys, big boys go on the potty. Don't you want to be a big boy? You need to be a big boy like Jess, and Alex, and Tanner and all of your friends." Nothing seemed to work until I guess one day it just finally clicked. So...he hasn't had any accidents AT ALL for 3 weeks or so, yeah!!!! So yesterday he was going #2 on the potty, and I was in there with him and I said " Joey, I am so so proud of you, you are such a big boy" and he said "Yes, I am a big boy just like Jess!" I thought that was so sweet, he loves his cousin Jess! So I will have to thank Jess, because in a way, he helped potty train Joey!

Now only one more kid to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute! I read it to Jess and he laughed.

Anonymous said...

I miss those kids!! They need to come spend the night and Joey can teach Alyssa how to potty in the big potty!!